Human Resources Jobs >> HR Manager
Job Location: Palm Springs, CA – This order is closed.
Type of Position: Direct Hire
Compensation: $65,000 – $80,000
Our client an Agriculture organization is looking for an HR Manager who be responsible for personnel program including but not limited to employee files, recordkeeping, and benefit administration.
- Implement Company’s HR philosophy of excellent customer service, promote good employee relations and maintain high visibility in the workplace.
- Manage benefit administration including medical, 401(k), COBRA, etc. and process the appropriate paperwork and maintain accurate files. Inform new hires about their benefit package, answer employee questions and resolve any benefit issues.
- Manage the Performance Management program to include notification to managers of upcoming employee review dates, supply necessary files and paperwork and follow through.
- Address questions and concerns of owners, employees and managers in a timely, confidential and professional manner, ensuring that corrective action and follow-up is taken.
- Manage the recruiting process, hiring, orientation and termination of employees and process any required paperwork.
- Oversee and maintain employee files, including payroll changes, etc.
- Act as backup for payroll.
- Ensure all federal and state posters are properly displayed in appropriate locations and maintain the forms display in the HR department.
- Assist owners, managers and supervisors in suggesting appropriate actions regarding employee disciplinary problems, including written warnings, suspensions and discharge actions in conjunction with established company policy. Assist with documentation if necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance for Certificates of Insurance and Workers’ Compensation.
- Manage the vehicle and equipment file, process license and insurance renewals; handle all vehicle and Department of Motor Vehicle issues.
- Track training and follow up on compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good understanding of employment law and HR practices, benefits administration and compensation practices.
- Communicate effectively – able to speak, read and write clearly in English.
- Ability to use discretion and confidentiality involving all personnel matters and project a professional image.
- Proficiency in software applications to include Word and Excel.
- Excellent people skills in promoting customer service in the workplace.
- Ability to effectively analyze problems, generate and implement solutions and provide accurate documentation.
- Must be well organized, able to work independently.
- ADP HR Profile and Payroll experience is a plus.
- BA degree and/or a minimum of 10 years of work experience managing a Human Resources department.
- Agricultural experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.