Human Resources Jobs >> HR Manager
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA
Type of Position: Direct Hire
Compensation: $60,000 – $80,000
Job Number: 01508-SR – Please include the job number with your application.
Our client in the Healthcare industry is seeking an HR Manager to join their team. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for setting up the HR department, standardizing HR among the Practices, administering benefits, recruiting, employee relations, and legal compliance.
- Standardize the HR department between the various medical practices.
- Performs benefits administration, makes improvements, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the federal and state labor laws. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Handles employee relations issues, counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing and analyzes data for continuous improvement.
- Management of the recruiting and staffing function along with staff planning.
- Performance management and developing the annual review process.
- Managing onboarding and ongoing training and development.
- Coaching and advisement on HR processes and leadership development.
- Developing and administering policies and procedures.
- Interacting with payroll as necessary to maintain employee data and changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, human resources or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- 5-10 years of HR management experience preferably from a healthcare environment.
- Proven knowledge of federal and state HR laws (i.e. – EEOC, FLSA, ADA and FMLA).
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Experience dealing with OSHA and HIPAA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits administration, employment and HR administration.
- Must have recruiting experience.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, database management and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
- Professional at all levels and able to maintain rapport with hiring managers and candidates.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to build rapport and strong relationships as well as strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Must be resourceful in recruitment tactics, creative, and innovative in usage of available recruitment tools, processes, and programs.