Human Resources Jobs >> HR Manager
Job Location: Los Angeles – Downey, CA – This order is closed.
Type of Position: Temp to Hire
Compensation: $35 – $37 Hourly DOE
The HR Manager will lead the Human Resources functions including but not limited to setting and executing the HR strategy, leading the company’s recruitment, talent and performance management processes, and serving as the subject expert for employee relations, benefits, legal compliance, and more.
- Recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, and terminations to include orientation, meeting with managers and team to ensure hiring needs are met as well as maintaining candidate and job postings.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to management team and employees in both union and non-union environments.
- Annual reviews and performance management.
- Staffing training on safety, sexual harassment, HIPPA, and labor laws.
- Coordinate, monitor, and oversee safety department.
- Benefits administration and management including vendor relations, enrollment, changes, and communications.
- Employee relations on a day to day basis as needed as well as investigations and resolutions.
- Policy development for all HR related issues.
- Staff records management.
- Act as liaison between upper management, managers, and staff on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in progressively responsible Human Resources roles.
- Experience working with Unions.
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and concepts.
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity, with the ability to handle and manage confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, including analyzing and improving existing operations and procedures, formulating policies, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Creative, abstract thinker and problem solver.