Human Resources Jobs >> HR Manager
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Type of Position: Direct Hire
Compensation: $85,000 – $100,000 Plus Great Benefits
Job Number: 01456-SR – Please include the job number with your application.
The HR Manager is responsible for managing the Human Resources (HR), payroll and benefits functions for a college prep high school. The scope includes development and implementation of employment policies and procedures, maintenance of the Employee Handbook, reporting/compliance with various federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, administration of benefit programs, accurate processing of exempt and non-exempt payroll, and other related tasks and functions.
- Maintains confidential personnel records, including compensation agreements, benefit plans enrollments and COBRA implementation, I-9, professional development documentation, etc. Maintains Human Resources Information System. Responds to internal and external inquiries as appropriate.
- Administers employee benefit plans, including employee enrollments, leaves, and terminations. Leads discussions on plan design, negotiation and renewal. Provide expert information and advice to employees where necessary and appropriate.
- Maintains and processes accurate semimonthly non-exempt and monthly exempt payroll system records, including vacation accruals, personal days and sick leave.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the distribution of employee communication materials in a timely fashion, including new hire orientations, benefits information, policies and procedures (including Employee Handbook), and termination packets.
- Assists with new hire orientation, including setting up mailbox, arranging for telephone extension, distributing keys and security fobs, acquiring business cards and parking permits, and general introductions
- Develops and implements procedures for regulatory reporting and compliance with labor laws, including hiring and termination procedures, background checks, fingerprinting, safety training, harassment training, etc.
- Serves as the primary liaison with outside counsel and other HR related consultants and vendors.
- Maintains the school’s Employee Handbook of policies and procedures, updating as necessary.
- Maintains Human Resources bulletin boards.
- Maintains forms and procedures to manage employee professional development, including travel and entertainment policies and professional development grant management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Human Resources. Related graduate degree a plus.
- 7-10 years of verifiable job experience in Human Resource roles requiring similar knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have strong understanding of California law as it relates to HR.
- San Francisco legal compliance knowledge highly preferred.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Human Resources or SHRM professional certification preferred.