Human Resources Jobs >> Vice President of Human Resources
Job Location: San Diego, CA – This order is closed.
Type of Position: Direct Hire – Executive Search
Compensation: DOE, Plus Bonus and Relocation
We are seeking a dynamic Vice President of Human Resources for a client in the insurance industry. This role functions as the head of HR and will develop human resources strategies, and implement solutions that positively impact business results. This position will provide leadership to foster a culture consistent with the values system and mission of the company and will serve as a key member of the leadership team. In addition to focusing on the business agenda, this position also has accountability for all core functional human resources areas.
- Design, plan, and implement organization development programs, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate organizational effectiveness efforts by fostering learning, building capabilities for leaders and employees, and promoting team effectiveness and employee retention.
- Provide authentic feedback and coaching to senior leaders and managers, providing both constructive and appreciative feedback on their behaviors, decisions, individual effectiveness, competencies, and personal development. Through effective influence, drives change in management behavior to support a culture of accountability.
- Introduce, support, and use effective performance management processes, practices, tools and metrics. This position will also influence leaders and managers to implement performance expectations and manage them through the organization.
- Oversees the goal of establishing people as a critical component in accomplishing business goals. Educate managers on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs and provide coaching to support the development of proactive, two- way communication strategies and plans.
- Provide advise to senior leaders and managers to maximize and improve employee satisfaction and engagement, and increase organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate talent management processes with leaders and managers, including action planning to close talent gaps identified.
- Partner with managers to develop and implement professional development opportunities, career paths and succession planning.
- Manage an effective orientation program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees in the culture and educating them on the mission, values, and policies.
- Collaborate with hiring managers on the acquisition and development of new staff; review business plan, identify required skills needed to execute, including skill gap assessment, and talent movement.
- Develop and manage recruiting agency relationships to supplement recruiting efforts.
- Design, implement and communicate organizations compensation program ensuring programs support the organizations strategic objectives.
- Plans and directs activities related to employee benefit policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for the development and administration of all benefits programs designed to attract and retain employees within budgetary constraints.
- Implement technology solutions that drive efficiency and improve business performance.
- Employee relations and communication.
- Consult with management regarding the handling of difficult issues and conflict resolution that affect performance and business relationships.
- Identify business issues where communication support will assist the business in furthering its performance.
- Periodically review and update the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance of policies, programs, laws, and issues.
- Manage the Human Resources budget.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all human resources programs and practices against comparable organizations, industries, and markets.
- BA or BS in HR or related field.
- A minimum of 10+ years of broad human resources experience, including partnership with senior leaders with 5+ years in leadership capacity.
- Extensive HR generalist experience and a through working knowledge, and experience of HR functional disciplines.
- Current knowledge of appropriate Federal, State, and local laws.
- Able to effectively and constructively challenge the status quo, and bring new and different ideas to the table.
- Possess the skills and abilities to be influential and facilitate change to drive business outcomes.
- Confident with a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity, big picture orientation and business acumen in order to integrate human resources and business strategies.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- An analytical and effective problem solver.
- An effective leader who can manage the continuous evolution of the culture.
- A person who is persuasive with compelling oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic leader who has an open and straight forward operating style.
- Dynamic and fact- driven with the flexibility to change approach as necessary.