Human Resources Jobs >> Labor Relations Manager
Job Location: Pasadena – Houston, TX – This order is closed.
Type of Position: Direct Hire
Compensation: $90,000 – $105,000, Plus Relocation
We are seeking a dynamic HR & Labor Relations Manager for our client in the chemicals industry. This role has responsibility over general HR support with heavy involvement in Labor Relations and other HR projects within performance management, design and development, training, safety, and more. Service as a resource for employees and management with regard to employment, labor, and employee relations issues. This position is responsible for all HR activities including labor relations, sourcing/recruiting, on boarding, benefits administration, training, employee relations, reporting, etc. within a plant of a site with 100+ employees; manages one HR representative.
- Advise management concerning employment and labor law, interpret company policies, and participate in the decision making process concerning corrective actions and/or employee performance and behavior issues.
- Counsel and advise employees on HR issues to include information on benefits, pay practices, Employee Performance Management Program, personnel issues, relocation, etc.
- Responsible for implementing programs and improving labor relations as well as administering contracts with respect to benefits, wages, grievances and employee welfare.
- May participate in salary, wage, and benefit surveys as required to support contract negotiation initiatives.
- Assure that the necessary records are created and maintained on all employees and employment events including hire, termination, retirement, transfer, promotion, demotion, benefit changes, disciplinary issues, and personal status changes.
- Develop or oversee the development of job descriptions, job posting, personnel announcements, offer letters, organizational charts, and manpower reports. Ensure appropriate distribution and timeliness of materials.
- Define needs, diagnose problems, develop, and recommend/implement solution/corrective actions for HR/labor related matters.
- Active member of plant management staff team under plant manager. Participate in various staff meetings in assigned area and facilitate and/or assist in the facilitation of team building activities.
- BA or BS degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field
- 10 plus years of experience within HR in progressively responsible HR capacity.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in labor relations (Arbitration and Union contract negotiations)
- PHR or equivalent certification strongly preferred.
- Labor relations experience including grievance and arbitration handling and collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrate familiarity with employment, wage and hour laws, unemployment, workers compensation, and EEO laws.
- Demonstrate knowledge and handling of union related activities including grievances, arbitrations and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and communicate employee benefit entitlements.
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to work productively in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong analytical, influencing, negotiating and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize work, develop appropriate time lines and work to deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to travel as required.