Human Resources Jobs >> Director of Human Resources
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Type of Position: Direct Hire – Executive Search
Compensation: DOE, Plus Bonus and Relocation
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Human Resources to oversee strategic, tactical, and generalist HR functions, and to drive HR processes, policies, and procedures for organizational optimization and drive business success. This position will be an essential part of the senior management team, and as a strategic business partner for HR. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Accountable for delivery of all HR services including employee relations, communications, Ensures conflict resolution, problem solving, and implementation of processes to ensure successful resolutions along with coaching and guidance of personnel.
- Develops and drive recruiting strategies to meet the growth expectations of the organization and to ensure recruitment and staffing are in-line with budgets, management plan, cost effective practices, and retention.
- Develops short term and long term initiatives in support of the business unit’s strategic objectives.
- Lead talent management process, salary planning, incentive programs, etc.
- Provide organizational design expertise and change management facilitation to functions, serves as an organizational consultant to managers, employees; outside agencies and others concerning HR related issues.
- Management of performance management, reviews, on-boarding of new hires, maintenance of HR and medical files for all employees consistent with state federal, and regulatory agencies.
- Manages employee relation issues, and serves as the investigative resource, coordinating with legal counsel on all related issues and litigation.
- Site leadership on benefit/compensation programs, learning, staffing, organizational and people development programs.
- Provide consultation services for increased organizational effectiveness including assessment, contracting, action planning, evaluation and follow-up.
- Actively partner with function leaders to establish, implement and monitor short-term and long-term strategies for driving business results.
- Orientation and staff development with regard to trend analysis, needs assessments, training, and development and administration of benefits and compensation plans.
- Development, implementation, and rollout of HR policies, procedures, and ensures successful application of policies.
- Management of workers compensation, unemployment claims, training, and state and government regulations as needed.
- Provide talent management expertise, workforce planning, skills assessment, succession planning, retraining programs, etc.
- Anticipates, identifies and directs the development of employee skills to support ongoing and future business needs.
- Oversee HR department, HR related functions, and leadership development.
- Work with management and global HR in unification and streamlining of HR processes and procedures as needed.
- As an integral member of the leadership team, helps to set and review company strategic objectives and targets.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of human resources disciplines, principles, and practices towards the completion of diverse and complex assignments/projects.
- Decisive, data based decision making style with ability to resolve conflict while advancing business agenda.
- Proactively promotes and maintains a company culture.
- Foster atmosphere of teamwork and development within HR team.
- Provide the HR team with effective leadership, guidance, coaching, and communication.
- Minimum of 15 years HR management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in senior management role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory employment law.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic attitude toward all level of employees and external contacts.
- MS office and computers skills a must.
Job Number: 01053