Human Resources Jobs >> HR Generalist
Job Location: Columbus, OH – This order is closed.
Type of Position: Direct Hire
Compensation: $90,000 – $100,000, Plus Benefits, Bonus and Relocation
Our client, in the foods manufacturing and distribution is seeking an HR Generalist on a direct hire to function as the sole HR support for two facilities in the Columbus and Cincinnati areas. This role will be responsible for administering policies relating to all phases of human resources and payroll activity by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Processing of Payroll and Timekeeping.
- Process, review and approve payroll as well as transmit all time and attendance to payroll administrator.
- Perform all updates and archiving of time and attendance information.
- Performs all updates and downloading of time managements clocks.
- Provide support regarding enrollment of new employees on time management clocks.
- Process time and attendance information for all temporary employees and forward to the temporary agency. Assist in verifying accuracy of invoices before payment is processed.
- Human Resources and Benefits and review of all new hire paper work to ensure all required forms are completed.
- Manage any and all updates on I-9 issues and input of all status requests.
- Prepare all termination reports and all workers comp/leave of absence and return to work documents.
- Assist with all Health Insurance Coverage application forms.
- Responsible for unemployment questioner for terminated employees
- Provide HR support services to employees via telephone and in person.
- Provide support to Managers and Supervisors in various areas regarding general information for employees
- Assist employees to complete 401K enrollment applications.
- Ensures new employees Health and Welfare Polices are issued in the 30 days eligibility period.
- Maintain employee files and any and all records pertaining to all the responsibilities listed above.
- Accounting and Reporting
- Work with auditors from various entities on audits that relate to workers comp, payroll, Labor related, 401K to provide any support services as is required.
- BA or BS or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a human resources generalist.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Experience with Millennium payroll tool a plus.
- Experience within the foods manufacturing or consumer goods industry a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Payroll systems; Human Resource systems and Database software.